10 Powerful Ways to Thrive in Recovery
Whether you’ve been sober for 10 hours or 10 years, it’s a great beginning. You may have noticed it keeps getting better. Life rolls out the red carpet when we fully engage with our recovery program and keep open at the top. Wonderment ensues.
What can you add to this list?
1. Tell the truth to yourself and to others.
2. Cultivate and express gratitude, even when you have to search for the reason why.
3. Say YES to life and no to substances.
4. Stay connected to the invisible side of nature, to your intuition, and to your inner compass.
5. Help and support others from a place of respect and compassion.
6. Laugh more easily and freely, even if it is at yourself.
7. Pray and / or meditate.
8. Engage in self-reflection, not self-absorption.
9. Appreciate the marvelous beauty in nature.
10. Seek out and connect with others in recovery.
In gratitude, harmony, and support,