7 FUN Things To Do in Recovery
Getting sober is just the beginning. Life rolls out the red carpet when we fully step into recovery and let it be our permanent mindset. Let the fun begin and let it continue!
What can you add to this list?
1. Go to a Comedy Club (but be careful if you sit too close to the stage – you may be teased. Only do this if you are feeling sassy and confident.)
2. Go to one of those Painting Salon events that are popping up here and there for an evening or afternoon of creativity (but be careful – wine seems to be mentioned frequently in the ads. I know I used to think wine made me more creative. Erroneous, come to find out. Only do this if you don’t care if other people are drinking wine and you’re not.
3. Go to a movie theater to see a funny and high quality movie geared for kids.
4. Get a massage or a facial or a pedicure or a shampoo and style for no reason other than to treat yourself like the queen or king that you are.
5. Do something nice for someone just because – bring them flowers or cookies or something when it’s not even their birthday.
6. Pack up a picnic lunch and eat it outside in a park or in your backyard.
7. Go to a museum. Google “quirky” or “specialty” museums and find something obscure in your area. I recently visited The Tenderloin Museum in San Francisco. Who knew?
I know there are zillions of more things. And if it’s something that only you think is fun, but others think it’s weird DO IT – as long as you’re safe and not hurting anyone of course, because that would be not fun.
In gratitude, harmony and support,